I for one am full of joy to finally see the snow.
We have been freezing for weeks without the benefit of the pure white stuff.
Sunday was fast Sunday.
Bailee shared her testimony.
While sharing her testimony she also shared an experience from Seminary....
Friday during Seminary her teacher showed them
slide after slide of winter scenes.
Pure white snowy scenes.
He told them a snow storm is like the atonement.
The snow is pure, white and untouched.
When it first falls or is falling it's also quiet.
You feel peace when looking at it.
The world is blanketed.
But as the days pass and people walk on it
it gets grey and dirty. Not as pure and pretty anymore.
Then it snows again....Pure white.
He then explained how this is like the atonement.
Whenever we repent or partake of the sacrament
it is like a blanket of pure white snow has just fallen.
All is perfect and calm.
She then said, "when you see the snow and feel a little frustrated
that you will have to shovel or drive in it.
Try and look at it this way.
Feel the saviors love, and peace while looking at this blanket of pure white.
And know it is like your spirit after repenting.
I for one love the white stuff.
I love the seasons we enjoy by living in this great state.
I don't love the freezing cold...
3 comments:
That is a beautiful analogy and beautiful pictures. I love blue and white together! Thanks for sharing.
I loved the analogy as well! I am totally putting it on my blog:-) Thanks!!! I was looking forward to seeing you at the A-shift party... but you never showed:( I hope all is well! Have a Merry Christmas if I don't see you!
Love your pictures, I try to take pictures like that but they never turn out. Loved the story too, it is a good reminder for us.
Post a Comment