I am having Separation Anxiety...
From this sweet face...
It's true!
My husband doesn't even really understand
But I'm going to miss the late night chats..
hearing all the detail of her life..
I'm going to miss
watching movies, glee, SYTYCD together
Running errands.
Running errands.
Cleaning up her messes...which are many. ;)
And so much more I can't even name them..
especially if I don't want to start crying.
She is only going 50 minutes away.
I'm sure we will see her a lot.
But...it's not the same.
And I don't think it ever will be again.
My first baby is all grown up.
Leaving the nest
Spreading her wings and flying.
As mothers we nurture, care for and love our children
For years this is our focus
Then it's time to let go...
I guess know one said it would be easy.
Here's to her success..
and many texts and phone calls home
so I can still feel included in her life.
I'm going to miss her.
I'll let you know how I survive.
It might be embarrassingly ugly. :)
4 comments:
Sheesh you almost made ME cry. Especially since I just posted on my blog about my frustration with my girl. But I think I'm starting to realize how fast time flies. Sometimes it's so hard to make the most of every moment though. :( You have done an amazing job with Bailee. She is such a good girl with so much going for her. And this is NOT the end! So much more in store for you, just different!
I am crying with you! My baby starts pre-school in 3 weeks and I am already a basket case, I can't imagine college... I started crying when we bought her backpack and Aaron just laughed hysterically at me.
OK now you've got me crying! I bet she'll cry just as much as you, it'll just be after she leaves and is in the car/apt by herself thinking "I miss my mom!" Been there:)
Sweet post! Sometimes I wish I could hit the pause button or in the very least slow time down, but it's always nice too to think about all the good memories and how much there is to look forward to!
Post a Comment