URGH!!!
This is just how I feel about this topic.
Why does losing weight and having self discipline with your eating habits have to be so hard?
The last few days of October I started doing Weight Watchers. (on my own)
By December first I had lost 15 pounds and it was relatively easy.
I didn't struggle to eat the right things, didn't feel cravings, didn't feel starving.
Then the dreaded December came and I went off the diet and just sorta watched what I ate.
I wanted to enjoy the holidays and not worry about every party I went to etc.
Then in January the plan was to get right back in the saddle.
Herein lies the problem.
It's now February and I am still not doing it.
Each day I say.... "Today is the day" I will get back on it.
And each day I start out good...then fail!!
I have NOT gained any of the 15 pounds back, but I'm not doing what it takes to lose more.
You would think I would be more motivated.... I have to put on a swim suit in about 5 weeks for our cruise!!
I need further motivation!
I know I can be successful, I just want to drop 10-15 more for now.
Maybe I should put on my swimsuit now and look in the mirror...that might do the trick!
I wish I had the body of my Senior year back, and you know what? I thought I was fat then!!
Wish me luck, I need it!
2 comments:
Sorry it's such a struggle... How fun you get to go on a cruise! Where are you going? I don't have any great advice on the motivation, but I can say that I think as women we tend to be much more critical of our own bodies than anyone else is.. We're all just shaped differently, and we can all do better to embrace that :). Also - I'd say wait until AFTER the cruise to lose the weight! You're sure to gain 5-10 pounds there, so that can motivate you when you get back :)
Here's some motivation. Once menopause comes (and we share the same gene pool so you can expect that naturally around 45)it is all but impossible to lose. Do it now while you still can sister! Congrats on the 15 BTW.
Post a Comment