Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Boo from Brooklyn to You

As usual Brooklyn started looking at ideas for a Halloween costume about two months before Halloween.  And as usual, I told her I would have no discussion about Halloween until a few weeks before, being the Hater that I am.  But, being in Middle School now and wanting a minimalist type costume Brooklyn started scouring Pinterest and found this face painting.  I was worried about her being able to do it herself.  I couldn't help because I can't do fine stuff like that with my shaking.
But...Here she is and it looks great.
My favorite kind of costume.  Low maintenance.
A little face make-up, an old T-shirt of Ben's cut up.
This is what you get...


She was happy with the way it turned out.
Then when it came to carving pumpkins, she wanted to avoid the original Jack O Lantern, so back to Pinterest she went.  And found a way to do something else.  You just take cookie cutters and pound them into the pumpkin in whatever design you want.  Hers was a design of stars.  Really cute idea and really easy.

She spent the night at home handing out Halloween candy to the trick or treaters.
It was a fun night.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

What a great costume! I love the face paints!