Saturday, April 6, 2013

Uplifted and Edified

Today I listened and watched the first two sessions of the 183rd Annual General Conference of The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints.  It was a glorious four hours.  What a blessing it is for me, a member of the church to feel the spirit and receive instruction, guidance and inspiration from living prophets on the earth today!  There were many talks that I really enjoyed.  Sister Dalton, was one, what a great example to the Young Women and Women of the church.  I personally am so grateful for her service and dedication to the Young Women's program.

I also really enjoyed folding laundry and watching the programs in the middle of the two sessions.  If you missed them, you should really watch.  I really enjoyed The Tie: Be Thou an Example.

I was really touched to hear the statistics of the church.  14 million plus members of the Church!  Two more temples announced.  60,000 plus current full time missionaries, with 20,000 called but have not yet entered the mission field and another 6,000 with their papers in process.  That means soon we will have around 90,000 full time missionaries!!  That truly is an Army, God's Army.
D&C 6:2 "A great and marvelous work is about to come forth unto the children of men."  This scripture has always been a favorite, and it just echo's in my mind even more now.  The church is growing, the gospel of Jesus Christ has been restored in it's fullness, it's here on the earth today, it is true, I'm blessed to be apart of it and I love it!

I can't wait for tomorrow!  You can read or watch for yourself here !!

No comments: