Monday, January 26, 2009

To Speak or not to Speak....

This was my mantra for an entire week. Really I had no choice, I had already said yes. You guessed it, the Bishop snagged us to speak in Sacrament Meeting. URGH!! I figure I have fulfilled my quota for like 2 and 1/2 years for sure.


Really he gave us almost a month to prepare mentally and emotionally. I knew my talk topic and had the Conference talk all printed and everything. Did I look at it? NO!


PROCRASTINATE, PROCRASTINATE AND MORE PROCRASTINATION!! Yup that's me. Procrastinator.


So Saturday, the night before said talk, I finally pulled the thing out and read it over. Funny how these things come together.


Kneel in prayer. Beg, Beg, Beg and more begging that the spirit will guide you to say what Heavenly Father would like, and that the spirit will testify. And so it was.


Lincoln was better than I. I'm not ganna lie. He personalized more. I spoke on Sacrament Meeting. He got to speak on Reverence. He took a great approach. Reverence is an action word. He really inspired me to have reverence in my life.


I guess in the end it is all worth it just for the personal growth you receive from studying, pondering and praying about the topic for yourself. Personal witness.

1 comment:

Kelli said...

Whenever I have to speak I cry through the whole thing. Not because I am scared but just because I cry everytime I talk about anything spiritual. Even if it is a dumb topic, I cry.