These were Benjamin's words.
Monday we came to our favorite place ever...
Primary Children's for a small outpatient surgical procedure.
Right? NOT!!
We are still here.
He was just getting a port-a-cath.
This is to be used for him, for longer term TPN. (his nutrition)
However, upon awaking from his slumber,
SCREAMING PAIN!!
Yup, the nitrous oxide they gave him during surgery
has ballooned up his small intestine.
So we wait...until air dissipates.
Luckily the pain is controlled by Morphine.
The itching caused by Morphine, controlled by Benadryl.
I love hospitals. :(
Hopefully home Wednesday (today), I am being optimistic...
home by Friday at least.
Meanwhile he is having a forced vacay from school, again.
The surgeon has said that he wants to talk about the dreaded surgery we have been waiting for.
He wants to firm up a date.
It's time.
Benjamin IS 19 pounds heavier than he was at Labor Day. So???
I guess we will return.
To the hospital that is.
Meanwhile, life is good for all.
Les Mis is fast approaching, ACT Testing fast approaching,
Thanksgiving Fast approaching, thank goodness I want Turkey, Potatoes and Gravy.
Life is Good.
3 comments:
Will it ever end for you guys? We'll keep you all in our prayers!
Oh my heck! Really? That poor kid! And poor you! I can't even imagine! Please know that we are always praying for your family. Hang in there.
Ugh! So sorry this keeps happening! I'm glad you're able to look forward though! You're an inspiration to me.
Post a Comment