Sunday, November 1, 2009

Diet Dips

I have been on a diet.
It's true for ten weeks.
I have lost 15 pounds.
It has been going great.
My goal 25 lbs by Christmas.
Only ten more to go.
Then at Christmas...a new goal.

Let me just say hospital food is NOT conducive to dieting.
Stress is not conducive to dieting.
I have a bad feeling.
I am hoping to maintain my current weight loss during our long hospital stay.
I really don't want to have a dip in my diet.
I always try to make the healthy choice, but then the stress and worry get me.
And a chocolate chip cookie or a donut look might fine.
HELP!! :)

I am praying for the shortest hospital stay possible.
For Ben and for my shrinking hips.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Good job! Send some of your motivation my way... I could use it.

family said...

You're doing great! How long are you guys at the hospital for?

Keli said...

Seriously, the cafeteria sucked me in every night I worked. It's like since it's the middle of the night you can eat whatever and it doesn't count.

Good job so far! That's awesome! The Holidays are always the toughest time anyway, and then with the hospital food on top of that, good luck!

Kelli said...

Good job on losing weight! I have been trying to lose weight for years and I lose a couple and then I gain them right back!

I hope Ben is doing ok. Let us know!

Anonymous said...

Wow, that is awesome! Keep it up! One of the best ways to keep on track with goals like that is going public (like on your blog) because then lots of people know about your goals and you have a strong peer pressure to keep going so you don't let them down. SO, that said...we are all counting on you Nikki, you CAN DO IT!! I don't know if you've ever been to Good Earth but they have lots of healthy snacks that would be perfect to take to the hospital, its on 7th E. and 7905 S. The items in the bins are the best price usually.

Tasha said...

Great Job with the weight loss! I am quite the eater during stressful times! Apparantly I have been stressed the past couple months cause I tried on a dress I bought in September and now it is TOO small! Luckily Target has a great return policy!