I'm sooo done with yard work. A good freind asked me if she could have her sons wedding in my back yard, and of course I said yes. AM I NUTS?! No seriously, I am happy to help her. My yard was in good shape to begin with, but I am a bit anal, so had to do more.
My husband said it was just a way for me to force him into completing the honeydo list. Rats! I thought I had him fooled. The yard looks great though. Now I on the other hand, not looking so good. It's Friday 11:50 p.m. and I still haven't gotten to the shower. What's the point now? My friend said, hey just wait until we put up tables etc. tomorrow, then shower. I mean YUCK!! Dirty sweats, sweaty shirt, pony in the hair, can't you just see it. ICK! The sacrafices we make for friends. Plus I still have the priveledge of picking up the teenage children from various outings. Ben hanging with friends, Bailee at the midnight twilight book release. I am so lucky :)!
Really the only reason I'm blogging this late at all is becasue I wanted to check the Cancer Sucks blog and just got sidetracked. Figured while I'm here I'd complain a bit. But after reading the other blog, what do I really have to complain about? I'm healthy, happy and have a great family with wonderful friends. Thats alot to be happy about. So I'm done complainin', I'll just admire my hard work.
"Be who you are, and say what you feel for those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind ~Dr. Seuss
4 comments:
Hi Nicky!
I love your blog and you are hilarious! Way to go on the wedding! It will be gorgeous I'm sure!
You are welcome to add us to your blog list! As soon as we figure that part out, can we add you to ours as well?
Keep up all the great work! It was also great to see you guys at the reunion! Love, Annalee **
I do remeber that time we toilet papered the not named basketball player. I think we almost got caught didn't we? I remember hiding behind the big trees in his yard. Those were some fun times. What were my parents thinking?!
Hey Nikki and Jill,
Was the intiials of that not named basketball player T.M? Just wandering? Hey Nikki I have a blog, can you please get Brenda to get one so we can blog together. I love your blog site! Tell Brenda hi, I tried to call her and I left a message. CULater!
Michelle Muhlestein
Oh by the way your back yard is georgeous! I love your hot tub! By the way when are we going to have another hot tub get together it's been quite awhile!
Michelle
Post a Comment