Thursday, October 9, 2008

BLOG SLACKER!!


Yes, I am a blog slacker.
I have been so ultra busy I barely have time to log on and read. One day last week I logged on and told my husband, "make me get off". Every blog I follow had a new post and I knew I didn't have time to make comment. I logged off immediately with much guilt.I am trying to get the whole family packed for our Washington D.C. trip, the house cleaned for our house sitters, end of quarter grading done, Sept. Visiting Teaching Report done, and finally October Visiting Teaching Calendars done and out. Whew, just thinking about it makes me exhausted.
Enough whining!!
So first things first. Sunday was the birthday of my dear friend, Paula Noorda, who passed away not long ago. After reading all the posts of her children I took my little self out to the garage, climbed into the scary dark loft, and rummaged in my keepsake box. What was I looking for, you ask? One of the many notes, young women hand outs and pictures that I have from or of her. I was looking for just the right memory to post. (all this done in between conference sessions) I enlisted the help of the children...to hold the scary ladder and yell up encouragement from below. It was worth it to them, they loved all the dance and date memorabilia I found of their dad and I. Anyway I found just the right thing.....so why isn't it posted? I CANT GET MY SCANNER TO WORK!! This brought about a lot of frustration. My husband has promised to help me as soon as we return from our vacation. (11 days from now) So look forward to a great picture and a personal note. My tribute to one of the most influential people of my youth.
(yes it will be late, but better late than never)
Secondly, my brief thoughts on General Conference. I loved so many of the talks!! It was the first time in years that I was able to watch or listen to all 4 sessions at the time they were broadcast. It was great. One of my favorite talks was the one by President Monson about enjoying every minute of every day. Not always looking back, but living today and planning for the future. He mentioned how we will look back and wish we had cherished and enjoyed each moment more. This is my goal for the coming year. Try to enjoy each minute, let some of my stupid worries go, they will still be there tomorrow. Hug my children a little longer and spend more time doing the things that matter.
Dr Seuss said, "Be who you are, and say what you feel, for those who mind don't matter, and those who matter don't mind."

2 comments:

Kathie said...

I'm looking foreward to the quote! Nice quote BTW. I loved conference too. See you when you get back. I can't wait to hear about the haunted B&B.

Meg & Josh said...

YES! I need the name of your friend who decorates churches. Because of our circumstances (which I will explain later) we are having it in a church. Send me their name, roadiegirl100@gmail.com or 718-4749

Thanks!!!