After much duress
Lincoln convinced me to go to a Grocery Smarts meeting.
Many Fireman and their wives do this successfully.
After going to a short class...seeing her food storage,
I was convinced.
For those of you who don't know what this is...
It's a website that lists great sales going on at different grocery stores.
The only hitch, you have to be receiving the Sunday paper
to get the ads in order to really take advantage.
I am just getting started.
Last month I had an amazing shopping day at Smiths.
I bought $356.34 worth of groceries.
I was freaking out...I have a $200./220. bi-weekly budget for groceries.
I stick to it! It works for me and is plenty.
But then I handed them my coupons, I paid $143.13.
NO LIE!!! ;)
Now of course this does not happen all the time.
People more skilled than me do have big savings a lot.
I am still a beginner so it's still hit and miss.
A friend of mine who also does grocery smarts told me I should take a picture next time.
So today I went to Walgreen's. I bought 45 items. Pictured above.
I bought all of this and paid $15.62.
Between advertised savings, coupon savings and cash back rewards...
My total savings $38.66.
Examples:
Those G2 pens...I paid .19 cents.
Highlighters .09 cents.
Wipes..... .49 cents.
Toothepast cost $3.49 for these I got the cash reward of $3.50. each = FREE
I received two rewards for $3.50 each.
So next time I go to Walgreen's I have $7.00 of their money to spend.
You should totally hear about this.
I'm really starting to like this.
Seriously! My husband is saying I told you so all the way to the bank.
No comments:
Post a Comment