You may or may not have noticed...
But, I have been on Hiatus from blogging.
Writing not reading.
Writing takes time and forethought
reading is just plain leisure.
So during this busy time I have taken a break from writing.
Now I must play a bit of catch up.
Snapshots of Summer So Far....
Summer started of with a bang!!
The long awaited trip to NYC with Bailee.
Instead of downloading all 100+ pictures I took
here are a few highlights.
Times Square
Wait...who is that famous person...
on the American Eagle Sign?!
Yes Bailee had her 15 seconds a fame. ;)

Bailee and I on the ferry at the Statue of Liberty.
Us again at the "Top of the Rock"or the top of the Rockefeller Center.
You can see the Empire State Building behind us.
The view was amazing!
.jpg)
Times Square at night before we attended one of our
9 Broadway shows!
In the middle of the Brooklyn Bridge.The trip was amazing and we saw so many great things.
The shows and the sights.
The food was amazing too.
For the rest of the summer we are having us a
"Staycation"
A vacation from home.
We have so much going on.
The kids have many responsibilities, we decided to do a lot of small things.
The Bingham Copper Mine.
We had never been as a family.
The girls had never been at all.
Did you know it's one of the things visible from space?
He's such a tease!
The Fourth of July is such an awesome time.
We attended the Rodeo
Where Bailee and the rest of the Riverton Royalty
sang the National Anthem.
They were all amazing.
These girls are so nice and genuine.
They are all becoming great friends.
Then it's the Parade.
I didn't get many pictures but I did capture a few.
Benjamin opted to stay home and hang with friends.
Lincoln was working...
so just me and Brooklyn.
We sat with my great friend Kathie Perkins.
Brooklyn waiting patiently for the start.
Brooklyn waiting patiently for the start.
This is one of 5 parades she will do.
.JPG)
.JPG)
TONS of candy.
What would Riverton Town Days be w/out the Parade?
The Aquarium.
Our kids participated in the Penguin Experience
and feeding the sting rays.
To see the Penguins...visit Bailee's blog.
Our kids loved it!!
They also loved feeding the Sting Rays.
Except for the splashing
and well...holding dead raw fish in your hands. ;)
Brooklyn opted for the metal hook....
I do think she may have tried it bare handed a few times.
It was funny to watch them all.
I'm just sayin'...
I did not want to hold raw fish
and feed a sting ray.
Maybe next year on our cruise?!
We have seen many fun movies together.
Picnics at Liberty Park.
Seven Peaks.
(where I wiped out and bruised many parts of my old body)
I'm too old for water slides. Lazy River and Wave pool for me.
Games of Frisbee.
Video Nights.
Gardening.
Barbecue, barbeue, barbecue!
Our newest adventure.
Kayaks.
We just purchased two sea kayaks.
Some friends have some and we love them.
As soon as we take them out I'll post pictures.
Although I can't guarantee regular posting till school starts.
Too much fun still to be had.
The end of summer is coming fast.
It's a bittersweet thing.
Kids back to school.
Bailee off to college. :( and :)
What will I do with myself?
.jpg)
.jpg)
2 comments:
I'm glad you made it back. What a trip! Bailee looks cute in the parade. The dresses turned out darling.
Looks like an awesome summer so far! Glad you're having fun :)
Post a Comment