Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Growing up is hard to do...


Milestones....
Something we can use to chronicle time passing
or growing up.
We just passed a milestone with Brooklyn.
If your super sensitive about certain female matters....
Do not continue....;)
Brooklyn is in the fifth grade
this of course means attending the dreaded Maturation Program.
We sat down and had a private chat days before.
A book was involved.
Let me tell you...
she is one smart cookie,
and very observant.
She Knew what maturation was about, in general terms.
I asked her..."What do you think it's about?"
She said, "Isn't it about periods?" (shock from me)
"Yea, do you know what that is?"
She proceeded to give me a basic description of her thoughts.
"How did you know that?" I asked.
"Did your friends talk about it?"
"No." she said she just knew.
She and I decided, it's because she is the youngest
and we talk freely at our house...in general terms.
Enough that she had a pretty darn good idea.
And she was right.
So no surprises at the program...
except the woman according to Brooklyn was a wacko!!
You know those little hand warmers you can buy
the ones for your gloves.
Well....
apparently they have them for your stomach
to help if you suffer from cramps.
Little things... you can wear all day. Heat for 8 hours.
And this woman holds up the package and says these are WONDERFUL!!
and gives them a kiss. Seriously.
Brooklyn turns to me and mouths "Wacko"
Ba ha ha ha!!
Man I love that girl!!
She came home with the typical spoils, flower and all.
Told her daddy the woman was a wacko...lol
And that was the end of it.
No big deal.
But....I'm still glad I don't have to do it again.

1 comment:

Matching Socks said...

The woman may have been wacko, but according to the other female in my house those warmers are a godsend! I've had to run out at the most inconvenient times to the 24 hour drug store to buy them.