Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Nie Nie and the News

Can I just say WOW!! From a blog to the New York Times, to the Today show...What's next?

I started reading Nie Nie because of the link at Keli's blog. I immediately enjoyed her blog and found it uplifting. I found the link about 2 days after the accident and have been reading cjane ever since. What an amazing story about the power of the blogging world and human compassion felt worldwide. I am amazed more every day with the coverage this is getting. What a forum they have had to share their belief in the power of prayer, eternal families, service, faith, the importance of marriage and motherhood and so on and so on. If you think about it, it has turned into an amazing missionary tool for all who read it.

I think in life we often wonder why things happen, then something like this takes place and you have to think, the message that is being shared worldwide must be for a reason. The lord knows all and there is a purpose for everything.

Stories like this strengthen our faith in our Heavenly Fathers plan, inspire us to be better, prompt us to be more heartfelt in our personal prayer and encourage us to share our testimony with those around us.

I am grateful for the example of this dear family and the many ways it touches my life each day as I read their posts. If you don't know what I'm talking about click on the cjane button at the top of my blog and become amazed and find joy that there are still wonderful caring people out there everywhere.

2 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

I am obessed too. I started because of Keli too. How inspiring!

Laura said...

Amen. I am so hooked too! It has been amazing to see Nie Nie's story everywhere!!!