So today was High Council Sunday. Yes, I know your thinking urgh...Dry Council.
Not this Sunday. This Sunday was good, very good. The speakers both told personal experiences about the temple and how attending the temple has blessed their lives. I felt truly uplifted.
The second speakers name was Bother Jay Silcox. He began his talk, by telling how temple attendance and being an eternal family can bless our lives. How family is so important, and the two are closely related. (not in those exact words)
He then said, "I recently attended the funeral of a local lady, a dear friend of mine Paula Brown. Well you would know her as Paula Brown Noorda. She grew up here in Riverton just as I did, we are the same age and went to school together. When I went through the line at her viewing, it was made so clear to me and to any who attended that family was the most important thing in her life. That eternal families were important in her life. Paula and her family are an example of the testimony of Temples, and eternal families. You could see it in the way they all reacted to the loss of their dear wife and mother." (allow some liberty for remembering the exact wording but this is pretty close)
Imagine how quickly my attention was drawn to him. I was listening....but my mind was probably wandering a bit as I was really tired. But boom when he said Paula's name I was drawn right back to the talk. Even my family looked at me with big eyes..."mom, he just said the name of your friend."
This is just further proof that Paula was such and amazing woman in the gospel. That her name and example would be shared by a high councilman, in a ward meeting, where more than likely know one knew her. I knew her. I was touched and reminded of the wonderful lady she was and the impact she had on my life. I was reminded of the many things she taught me personally as a young women growing up in the gospel.
Temple blessings were important to her and she did instill that in her family and others she came in contact with. How blessed I am to have known her.
2 comments:
Wow, thank you for that. It's funny how the ripple effect just keeps going and going. She was truly a special woman.
And we are tributes to the values she taught, especially that family comes first.
Thanks Nikki. It is nice to know that she touched others and not just us. She was the best. I miss her everyday!
Post a Comment