Yes! It's true!
March 22nd I turned the big 40!
But really where did this term over the hill come from?
I'm not over anything.
I'm taking a LONG stroll along the top.
It was really a week long celebration...
beginning Tuesday.
Tuesday found me to dinner at Chili's
with the Paxman sisters.
Eva and I have birthdays two days apart.
Both of us turning 40.
It was fun to visit and be together.
Then off we went to see Bride Wars
at the dollar theatre.
Loved it, laughed and cried of course. ;)
Wednesday found me at bowling...
To my surprise when I arrived at bowling,
There were black balloons flying high,
with this "Over the Hill" Balloon.
They were accompanied by two great friends,
Covered head to toe in BLACK! pfff.
At least they were bearing gifts
and CAKE!!
In all honesty it was super sweet and made my day.
Friday found me in Provo
having lunch and a movie with my parents.
Lunch at my favorite "Red Robin"
It was fun to visit with the parentals
and spend time with them too.
Love them so much for the last 40 years
of support and love they have freely given.
This is a cup made specially for me...
by Brooklyn.
She was so excited to give it to me.
I Love it!
with some of my high school buddies.
Natalie and Shelly.
"Red Robin" again.
It is my favorite.
Here I was gifted with this....
We are after all each of us turning 40 this year.
I will pass it along as well.
(new candy of course)
That night my little family took me to dinner...
Sizzler.
We all love it and they have something for everyone.
Finally the day.
Sunday found me at home with my family
for the morning.
Where I went on a scavenger hunt for a variety
of fun things.
Now if you must know I have been Begging
my husband for a blower for years.
Every holiday appropriate...
Christmas
Birthday
Mothers Day
I tell him "I really want a blower"
to my dismay NOT!!
He does not think it a good gift for his wife.
I really want one. If you know me at all
you know I enjoy yard work.
Except the sweeping!
I want a blower.
And so it finally was...
He succumbed and bought me a blower.
The big bonus, it runs off his drill battery.
It is powerful and light weight.
No cord, No motor, No gas.
I can't wait to blow.
Bring on spring.
Our whole family together
attending the Draper Temple dedication.
It was a great birthday.
And your only as old as you feel/act.
I will be thirtysomething
FOREVER!!
I've decided.
3 comments:
Happy Belated Birthday. Glad you had such a fun week of parties!
Did you get the senior discount at Sizzler?
Do you remember when my Mom turned 40 and my dad put that hideous banner up over our driveway? Those poles were concreted like 12 feet down, I swear. Too bad Linc didn't think of something like that, huh?
Anyway, happy day!
Nikki,
I remember totally that banner that Danny put up in their driveway when Paula turned 40! I remember thinking that was so rude. But I was only 15 or 16 years old, now I would laugh my butt off! Happy late birthday. I see you a lot at work and didn't even know it was your birthday! Can't wait to see you next weekend, hair coloring and maybe some hot tubbing with Brenda! See you then.
Michelle
Post a Comment