How I ended up being the owner of Kitty is still a blur.
It went something like this:
Brooklyn: Please daddy please can I have a kitty?
(big eyes, smiles and hugs)
Daddy: I don't know. We already have a dog.
Brooklyn: But it's not MY dog. I really want a kitty. To love and that will always love me.
Brooklyn: I will pay for it with my own money and take care of it all by myself.
Sucker Daddy: Well okay lets go look at some.
One adoption later....
One kitty collar....
One Kitty bed....
One pink kitty dish....
Many kitty toys....
One litter box....
Walla.... Kitty owners!
Now this is not the end of the story.
Kitty's tend to sharpen their claws on a variety of objects...
Door casings
My precious reading chair
My couch
Brooklyn's comforter
More door casings
So off to the vet for a declaw.
Hence a kitty on DRUGS!!
It started with a post surgical fentanol patch,
which she proceeded to lick off and get extremely high.
This constituted an ace wrap around her stomach
to hid said patch, to prevent overdose.
This led to a kitty who wouldn't walk regularly.
Off to an appointment with the vet again.
Oral narcotics were in order.
1 tiny pill twice a day.
Drugged out psycho kitty.
She drags herself along the floor, rolling around, head lolling.
A look of pure joy and delusion on her kitty face.
Hmmm. Can humans take kitty narcotics. ;)
Joking.
This is the kitty during a semi aware state, prior to second little pill of the day.
Startled is what she is.
Worth it for normal door casings again.
Drug addicts in the house are not an option.
Plus I feel like a kitty sitter.
Whose pet is this..?!
3 comments:
Pets ahhhhhhhhhh!! Why is it mom that gets to take care of them? Because we have the "nurturing" Thing? No, because we can't stand to see them neglected by our CHILDREN!
Secretly I've always wanted a kitty. I think they're sorta sweet, they way they purr and cuddle.
But then I see how they jump on the counter tops, and scratch little kids, and lick every inch of themselves, and then you still have to take their poop out for them.
That's the deal breaker.
Have fun with your Cattict.
Good Ole' Linc:) He is such a softie! He loads Kenley up with candy whenever we bring her up to the fire station...
Post a Comment