Why do you blog?
I first started blogging July 28, 2008. A dear dear friend of mine was suffering from Pancreatic cancer and her family started the blog "Cancer Sucks" to keep friends and family informed of her treatment and day to day happenings. I began reading this blog and leaving memories I had of this dear family in the comment section. Other friends who also read the blog would see my comments and look to my profile so they could read my blog. Of which, I didn't have one. I had many ask me why I didn't have a blog.
A blog? I didn't even know what it was, or how to make one work. But, feeling a little peer pressure I decided to start my own blog. My teenager started one shortly after me. I love that she does this because it keeps me updated while she is away at college. So for me it all began with reading one blog.
My blog really contains and always has, my random thoughts, family happenings, milestone events, opinions and any other thing I choose. It's a place for me to express my freedom of speech. At times maybe even my soap box. But, I love it!! It has become a place where my life is chronicled. Now it's not a journal, because journals would be much more in depth. It's just a place for free expression.
I have also become a pretty avid blog reader. I have my list. I follow it. I enjoy it.
To me this is all reason enough.
So whether anyone reads or not.....I blog for my own self fulfillment.
You know the drill. If you want to participate go here
You know the drill. If you want to participate go here

2 comments:
http://thelonevoiceofreason.blogspot.com/
I started because I had all these monologues going on in my head ALL THE FREAKING TIME and I thought maybe if I occasionally blogged them they would dissipate into cyberspace. And you know what? It works. I don't blog often but I love the name of my blog and the description.
I love to read blogs more than I love to blog, I mean I like it but sometimes I feel like people are going to call the good fellow in white coats for me LOL
Stopping by from FMM
Post a Comment