Wednesday, March 21, 2012

I'm a Mechanic

It's true!!
Ben and I removed and replaced the battery in his car today
AND we did it all by ourselves!!

I was frankly amazed by our skills.
We did have a few moments where we had fear of getting zapped.
After you place the new battery in and anchor it, you have to attach the leads/wires.
Positive first
than negative.
The catch....
Once the positive is attached you have to be careful attaching the negative
it wants to arc and sizzle as it completes the circle. 
You have to put it on quickly and accurately.
I made Ben do that part.
I told him his heart was younger and he could handle a little zap better than my old body.
I said just do it with authority, no hesitation.
So as he went to attach the lead I backed away.
He looks at me with a horrified smirk and says
"Really, your backing up"
I told him I was giving him space.
LOL.
We laughed for a lot of minutes before he really attempted to hook it up.
NO spark no arc, just a little sizzle sound.
Tighten bolts.
Car starts.

We are obviously proud of ourselves.

No comments: