Monday, September 15, 2008

Talk the Talk....

I started my day the usual way...

Getting the kids off to school. Although I usually go off to school with them. Not today.

Brooklyn apparently has the Chicken Pox!!

Can you believe it, who gets Chicken Pox anymore. It started as a funny rash on her belly on Thursday, and has gotten progressively worse all weekend. I finally took her to the Doctor this morning. NOT expecting Chicken Pox because she has been immunized. Well apparently when they first started immunizing kids for this they only gave one shot. Now they give two, wonder why?!

No worries, she is just going to have a 3 day vacay from school, seeing as how she feels great, but has these funny bumps that sorta itch. The dad had us stop at the store and let her choose her favorite half gallon of ice cream, which she doesn't have to share. She chose strawberry.

Which brings me to my time on the computer. I have all this free time for the moment and decided to browse my blogs. As always this brought me to Cjane and Nie Nie among others.

I am continually amazed by the outpouring of prayer and concern from total strangers. I found myself scouring the church website for the article about blogging by Brother Ballard. I feel compelled to try to be more positive in my blogs. Of course this wont always be the case, because lets face it being a woman, wife and mother are not always easy. It does bring us a lot of joy, but not without it's trials as well.

So I will talk the talk and walk the walk. I will share what I believe whenever the spirit moves me and I will strive to be a better example to those around me. I will be better. :) This is my goal. Kneeling in prayer more often, fulfilling my calling with a bigger smile, being more patient with my teenagers, reading my scriptures more diligently and attending the temple more regularly.

Maybe I will even try red lipstick. NOT!! My husband would pass out from laughter. Maybe lip gloss!?

2 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

The bread in the freezer is an awesome idea!! I am so putting 2 loaves in there Sunday morning.

Kathie said...

I think Pink lipstick would be better!!!! Too bad about the pox. Are you still bowling Wed.? Of course--Hell or high water right?!