Monday, September 20, 2010

The Awesome Power...

FIRE
Scary, Dangerous, Hot, Destructive and many more!
But...
There is no denying the amazing power of it.
The sheer beauty of the flame
It is a sight to behold.


Sad for the homeowners who lost everything material...








I myself got an up close personal view last night.
I'm guessing about 1/4 mile from the blaze
give or take a little.
(we were at the home of a friend of Bailee's)
I just stood there in awe watching the power
as the wind would gust the flames to amazing heights.
You could see it roll.
Now I understand why..
My husband loves it so much.
Good thing, since it's part of his life.
Fighting it that is.
Even in all it's power, and the fascination of watching it
I'm glad the loss of property was minimal
considering it could have been so terrible.
Thank those fireman who risk their lives for yours
on a daily basis.
*Photos taken from Deseret News

2 comments:

family said...

I can't believe you were so close! Even from our house it was a sight to behold. Aiden and Aubrey thought the whole world was on fire. They came inside saying, "mom, I think Jesus is coming tonight!" Crazy. Thanks to Linc and all those awesome firefighters out there!

Amy said...

I am so glad the fire fighters were able to prevent more damage.