At our house everything pretty much comes down to this.
What the boys would do...
and say.. in any given situation
vs
What the girls do and say
in any given situation.
It's a constant topic of conversation here.
Also what girls think
vs
what boys think.
Apparently we OVER think everything.
:)
But this week/weekend
I learned through first hand knowledge
the difference between a date/dance
planned and executed by a son
vs
one planned by a daughter.
Girls:
Two weeks or a little more find a cute way to ask boy.
Take a friend for moral support to accomplish task.
Find a group.
Decide on day activity.
Decide on dinner
Decide on after dance activity
Shop for/find a dress.
Sometimes this may be borrowing/trading.
Sometimes shopping for matching tie for date.
Decide on Hair, Make up, shoes
and accessories.
Order Boutonniere.
Figure out logistics making time for all this
plus time to get ready.
Photo ops.
Enjoy.
Boys:
boy: "Maybe I'll ask someone to the dance"
Mom: "you should it would be fun"
Time goes by
boy: "I think I will ask someone to the dance"
Mom: "You better hurry it's only two weeks away"
Time goes by
boy: "I will ask someone to the dance"
Mom: "Good, who and how"
boy: "let me think about it"
Time goes by
boy: "okay I know who I'm ganna ask"
Mom: "How?" "When"
boy: "I was hoping you would have ideas"
So I come up with ideas.
SHOT DOWN!!!
I'll ask Dad. (Dad likes moms ideas)
But...they were my/girl/not boy ideas.
I come up with some more.
The dance is now like 12 days away
He finally agrees to one.
Then wants me to do the work.
Which being the loving mom...I do.
The planning, the putting together...
THE DELIVERY!!
Then I ask him about a group.
He ho hums for days.
I pressure him.
Dates are way more fun in groups.
Finally, he succeeds in coercing some friends
into asking dates.
Success.
What are you going to do for a day activity?
(which btw I think is ridiculous)
What happened to dinner and the dance?
Anyhow...irrelevant...
He asks for suggestions...
I give them..
He scowls
SHOT DOWN!!
I'm going to ask dad.
(dad likes mom's ideas) you see where this is going
Mom's just have NO clue!
Moms Know all!!
Finally, he and his friends decide.
And so it goes...
with dinner plans,
after plans,
who will drive, times etc.
IT was painful. LOL.
I felt like I was dragging it all out of him.
Then..
He needed new clothes.
But, he doesn't want to shop for them.
Can't I just pick a few choices out and let him decide at home.
I shop...
I pick two.
One Dark Purple, my favorite.
One Blue, average.
SCOWL...
Purple..That's our school colors.
(never crossed my mind)
Just thought it would look good on him.
I coerce him into trying it on.
He succumbs.
He likes it.
What shoes to wear?
What cologne to wear?
What kind of flowers to order?
What pictures to order?
and so on..
Conversations/reminders about how to treat a girl.
SCOWL
I know all this.
You and Bailee have been POUNDING it in my head
for years.
It's true. We have.
He is a gentleman. :)
They say boys are easier...
I am inclined to disagree.
It was his first dance...
I'll let him off this hook this once.
So the Jury is out on this one
Boys
vs
Girls
He did look studly!.jpg)
.jpg)
He is handsome if I do say so myself.
Cute date too.
.jpg)
.jpg)
3 comments:
hahahahahaha :) I like it.
And so true.
And he is a stud. I'm proud.
That's funny! I am so glad I have a girl right now:) I was reading this post to Kenley and she kept saying, "Boys don't wear purple shirts, that's funny!"
NOT looking forward to dances. . . though I'm sure it will be fun (once the prep is over ha, ha). He does look great in the purple and his date is very cute!
Post a Comment