Tuesday, September 7, 2010

"Labor" of love

Camping really is a labor of love.
So much preparation....

1)Clean the Trailer

*Which had not been used in over a year
So was dusty beyond belief.
Took me a whole day.

2) Restock Trailer

*We had been robbing paper products etc.
from it so it was depleted of all essentials.

3) Make new curtains for Trailer

*The Curtains for the back bed had all been
sun rotted, I made great new ones.

4) Grocery Shop

*Grocery shopping in general stinks...
for camping, even harder.

5) Pack

*This pretty much means lists, lists and
more lists. Lists for every family member.

I love camping with my family. We always have a great time.
But it does take work.
Work getting ready
and work when it's done.
But......
The time spent...irreplaceable.

Here are the few photos I took to mark the trip.
We went to the Mountain Man Rendezvous in Wyoming
and camped about an hour away from that
in the High Uintah Mountains.

Camp Fire photos. Above, Lincoln being funny.
Below, Bailee, Brooklyn and Bailee's friend Isaac
roasting Marshmallows and starbursts.
While at the Rendezvous
Benjamin and Lincoln learned to make fire the old fashioned way
by rubbing sticks together.
They tried it out
and succeeded!!
LOOK AT MY FIRE!!

A cute snaphot of Brooklyn at the Rendezvous.

So even though it is a Labor of love.
It was a great Labor Day weekend with the family.

3 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

I think about all those times we went in the motorhome and I had no idea it was so much work for my Mom! I know she didn't love going either.

Anonymous said...

I don't mind packing so much but its the UNPACKING that is not fun at all for me...

Anonymous said...

Yes, it's a ton of work! Much easier if you have a truck, which is something I covet. You must have a truck. But camping is so much fun! Glad you had a good time :)