Monday, April 18, 2011

Friend Making Monday, The Grocery Store




FMM: The Grocery Store


1. Do you make a list when you go grocery shopping? Do you stick to it? I ALWAYS make a list and it's based of a menu. I do stick to it for the most part. Sometimes I see something I didn't think of and throw it in.
2. Do you buy more groceries when you're hungry? I have been known to throw in a few extra snack type foods when I am hungry.
3. Coupons. Use 'em? I do get 3 Sunday papers and follow the Grocery Smarts website. I am not faithful at it. Wish I was because I see the savings so many people make. However, twice a year Smith's doubles the coupon value and I always shop there then. I save a LOT of money. For example my groceries came to approx. 485.00, I paid approx 150.00 So I feel like just doing that twice a year pays for my Newspaper. :)
4. Have you ever complained to the manager of your grocery store? No. Never really had a reason to.
5. Do you like to buy groceries at huge chain stores like Wal-Mart and Target? Or do you shop exclusively at food stores? I shop Wal-Mart the most regularly. I like being able to get everything at one stop. Plus you really can't beat their everyday prices. I don't buy meat,milk or cheese there I get these items at Costco or Petersons. And I get most of my produce from Bountiful Baskets.
6. How much time do you spend reading labels in the grocery store? Some, but not an excessive amount. I tend to buy a lot of the same brands and products so I already know what I am getting.
7. Do you push your own grocery cart to the car and return it? No matter where I shop I push my own cart. I return it AlWAYS!! I hate stray carts laying around. It only takes a few extra minutes to return it.
8. What is the one food item you always buy at the grocery store that you must have in the kitchen? 45 calorie Whole Grain bread and Bagel Thins.
9. Do you enjoy grocery shopping? I hate it!! I hate having to come up with new menu items and making the menu. Well, I actually hate putting the groceries more.
10. How often do you shop for groceries? I grocery shop every two weeks. I do make a trip to the local grocery store for milk on the one week mark.
You know what to do. If you want to participate go here http://www.alltheweigh.com/and link up. Have a happy Monday.

1 comment:

Carrie said...

I'm amazed you can go 2 weeks - and only get milk on the 1 week mark! Calan drinks so much milk I feel like I'm there at least twice a week :) It was fun to read more about you!