Thursday, May 7, 2009

42.5 Kilos

Ben's weight today. That's 93.5 pounds.
2.2 pounds per kilo. I know, not much for a 15 year old boy.
Now that they have started feeding him nutrients by his PICC
he has to be weighed every day.
Yesterday he weighed in at a 43.9 kilos.
I swear he peed out all that weight. lol.
The powers that be, want to make sure he isn't getting to thin.
Although, I don't know what they would do about it.
He can't have ANYTHING by mouth.
He can't even brush his teeth.
"He might suck water out of the toothbrush" they say. :)
I know I would if I were him.

Things are progressing.
Each day he feels a little better.
Still not looking like he'll be home any time soon.
Maybe....Next Friday. If were very lucky.
No 4-wheeling again for most of this summer.
This is a real downer to him
and the fact he will miss 9th grade Lagoon Day.
I totally agreed with him, that does indeed suck.

Thanks for the visitors.
He really appreciates the break in a monotonous day.
And the chocolate donuts are my break in the day.

1 comment:

Suzy Tranter said...

I'm so glad you found the chocolate donuts! That is too bad about the PICC, I'm assuming everything then is TPN? Poor kid, that was hard to do to a baby but a 15 year old! I'll be calling you to see what will be most helpful...lunches or dinners. We'll continue to keep him and your family in our prayers.