Tuesday, May 5, 2009

PICC Line

So every once in awhile...
I have a spare moment.
Luckily for me they have Internet here at the hospital.
So today while Ben gets a PICC line...
I decided to check the blog and post.

I had to leave the room.
Blood and all.
Plus they do this procedure in a very sterile environment.
Me, not dressed all sterile.

He has to have this line because in a delirious state on Saturday night,
he pulled his feeding tube.
This had to have been a feat. The tube was at least two feet long.
Completely out. Laying on the bed.
Hmmmm. He can't even remember.
And the Dad slept through it to.
So they are giving him a central line to feed him.

He says T.V. sucks!!
To many commercials with food.
He probably wont get any food or water by mouth for at least another 5-7 days.
He believes he is starving and wasting away.

All else in life continues on as normal as possible.
Thank goodness for the teenager.

2 comments:

Jill Johnson said...

Hang in there! You could catch up on all the trash mags! We love them.

Nikki said...

What the heck is with the objectional content....and how did it get there? How do I get rid of it? Anyone?